So you decided that vaping is going to be your new thing. When a device is new it always works perfectly, but as long as you use it, it will need some maintenance work in order to stay fully functional.
Eventually you’ll have to learn how to clean and treat your vape buddy to keep it in shape. Here are some tips and tricks to keep your device fully functional at all time.
How an electronic cigarette is made
To fully understand how to take care of your vaping device you’ll need to learn how this is made. A pen-style vaporizer is generally composed by three parts:
- The battery which serves as a power as a power source for your device. Its main purpose is to heat up the coil (or atomizer) so it can vaporize the e-liquid contained in the tank.
- The coil, also called atomizer, is an heating element that heats up the e-liquid into vapor
- The Fluid tank is a container that get filled with a liquid that contains vegetable glycerol or vegetable glycerin (VG), propylene glycol (PG), aromas for flavor, nicotine in quantities that suit the user preference.
Easy cleaning routine for your E-cig
When something is brand new it always works on top of its possibilities. Over time it may become necessary to have some tricks up your sleeve to ensure the perfect functionality of the item you are caring about. The same works for your electronic cigarette, here are some tips to maintain your vape device efficient.
Cleaning the fluid tank
First thing you should worry about cleaning is the fluid tank, when you change flavor you might want to gently rinse it and dry it with a paper towel. After a while you might want to get a little bit deeper on the cleaning and here’s how:
- Fill a bowl with hot water, put it aside.
- Detach the vape tank from the mod, disassemble the tank parts and leave them to soak in the hot water you previously prepared.
- Wash and rinse the parts in the hot water until clean. If you encounter problems cleaning a drop of dish soap might help.
- After removing the residues from the tank you should rinse and dry the parts good.
- A small rag and a paper towel will do the job nicely.
- Let them air dry 10 to 15 minutes before reassembling them to the mod.
If you encounter problems cleaning, you might want to scrape the residues from your tank using some vodka and the top of the list and clean it again.
How to take care of your vape coil (atomizer)
Unfortunately vape coils can’t be cleaned and once the get worn by usage you will need to replace it. Coils have a great influence on taste, this is why it’s important to change them when needed. There is a large variety of coils to choose from so you can personalize your vaping experience to fit your tastes better. Here are some tips to help you understand when it’s the time to change your coil with a new one:
- You can see it’s dark, crusted or damaged.
- When vaping there’s a “burned” taste not intended to be, even after all the cleaning routine.
- The E-cig produces less vapor than usual.
- Your atomizer has some leaking issues.
If you notice one or more than one “symptom”, it might be time to change the coil with a brand new one. Changing coils it’s a pretty easy and cheap procedure, in fact other then the price of the coils, you just need to learn how to change them in a few really easy steps. Make sure to buy the right coil for your E-cig, but other than that it is easy as:
- Remove the tank from the device and unscrew the coil from it.
- Clean the tank using the tips we listed above.
- Screw back the new coil into the vape tank, and reattach everything to the device.
A few more tips to take care or your vaping device
In this article we faced some of the basics to maintain a clean and efficient E-cig, more come with personal experience to suit your personal needs. There are some additional tips we can list to make sure you have all the basic knowledge to start this journey:
- Fill you fluid tank just to right amount. Don’t overfill or underfill your tank while vaping to assure that your coil will work at is best to best provide for the vaping experience.
- Store the vape juices in the right places. Pay attention not to store the vape juices in direct contact to sunlight or close to heat sources that may ruin the quality of the product and overall experience.
- Store the vaporizers properly. Vaporizers are a pretty delicate part to take care, make sure they don’t get damaged, you can buy a storage case to stock them safely or reuse a box you have to this purpose.
Now that you know make sure you take proper care of your E-cig and all its parts, to ensure the best vaping experience possible. What you take care of is going to take care of you!